Celebrate Aging Video Contest
Use your creativity to say something about aging or gerontology in a video of 5 minutes or less. Possibilities are endless, but may include videos designed to inform about particular issues or videos designed to attract students to the study of gerontology. Submissions will be evaluated on the quality of communication as well as relevance to the mission of SPO.
*Submitters must be a member of SPO
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
Step 1: Upload your video to a hosting website
Once you’ve created your video, please upload it to YouTube. We recommend that you set the privacy to ‘unlisted’. This means that only people you choose to share the link with will be able to see it, and it can’t be discovered in search results.
- Setting up an account for YouTube is a straightforward process, and if you have a Google account you’ll automatically have access to YouTube.
- You can directly upload from your phone, PC or MAC.
- Include your full name in the title of your video
- If you need help uploading a video, simply click on the ‘Help’ icon on YouTube and you’ll find lots of helpful tips and guidance. This ‘how to’ video is helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVWGHtRTuE
Step 2: Complete the online submission form
Once you have uploaded your video, complete the required submission form to enter your video into the contest. Link to submission form: https://forms.gle/WWKPspNMAri9MFA49.
DEADLINES & AWARDS
- All videos and submission forms will be accepted up until 11:59PM on Friday, January 31, 2020. 2. A panel of SPO representatives will review each video submission to determine the quality of
communication, relevance of the video to the mission of SPO, and adherence to the official rules.
- Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity of the idea proposed in the video (40%) ii. Creativity and quality of the video (30%) iii. Effectiveness and clarity of communication and mode of presentation (30%) 3. The winner and chapter advisor, as determined by judges based on criteria above, will be notified
no later than Friday, March 6, 2020 through the contact information provided on the video submission form. 4. Celebrate Aging Contest Winner will be announced and presented with an award at the 41st
Annual Southern Gerontological Society Conference.
41st Annual SGS Conference Aging Better Together: Building an Inclusive Aging Community. Hilton Norfolk the MAIN – 100 E. Main Street, Norfolk, VA 23510 April 14 – April 18, 2020 https://www.southerngerontologicalsociety.org/meeting.html
Videos must NOT:
- Exceed five (5) minutes in play time;
- Contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
- Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Video Submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures. Use music that isn’t originally written, performed and produced by you, the Entrant. We’re not saying this because we don’t love music; we do we really do! It’s because we don’t want to violate the copyright of musicians and artists. All music featured in any video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license- free, no compensation basis.
- Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends who have not expressly authorized Entrants to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Sponsor’s and its designees’ use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their entries. To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in a video, Entrant represents and warrants that the minor’s parents consented to the minor’s appearance in the video. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the Video Submission Requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. Entrants will retain copyright in their work, but each Entrant grants to SPO a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the Works in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in the Works with respect to any use by SPO, its members, sublicensees, or assigns. Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Entrant or any third party.