The SPO Newsletter Deadlines are the following: April 1, September 1, and December 1.
- If newsletter deadlines are altered to meet the needs of SPO, chapters will be notified by email.
- All submissions should be received on or prior to each newsletter submission due date.
- If a submission is going to be behind schedule, please contact the Newsletter Editor to see if late submissions are being accepted.
- The Newsletter Editor can save delayed submissions for inclusion in the next newsletter.
- Written submissions must use Times New Roman 12 point font, be double-spaced, and use 1-inch margins on all sides.
- All written submissions should include the following information:
- SPO Chapter affiliation,
- Submission author(s) name, professional title, and email.
- Author(s) email will only be used if there are any questions regarding the submission and will not be included in the newsletter.
- Written submissions must be emailed electronically as a Microsoft Word attachment to Newsletter Editor.
- Photo submissions should include a caption of thirty words or less explaining the context of the photo.
- This text is subject to revision by the Newsletter Editor.
- Photo edits: Please edit your photos prior to submission.
- A maximum of three photos is strongly encouraged per each submission.
- Photo submissions must be sent electronically within a Microsoft Word attachment to Newsletter Editor.
The Newsletter Editor reserves the right to use, edit, or crop photos.
Not all photos may be published.
- The newsletter editor will reply to all submissions with a confirmation email within 72 hours to confirm receipt of your submission and to clarify which section of the newsletter your submission will be included.
- The newsletter editor may need to make edits to your submission to accommodate for length, clarity, and consistency with the overall newsletter.
- Final edits will be made with the goal of retaining the original context of the submission.
- Each submission is limited to a maximum of one page within the newsletter.
- Submissions will be allotted one-third, onehalf, or a full page in the newsletter.
- The Newsletter Editor reserves the right to edit content to fit into available spaces.
- Submissions that include both an article and photos will be edited to meet the aforementioned criteria.