The process to apply to create a new SPO Chapter includes:
- At least three (3) individuals from your institution must apply for membership approved by Chapter Advisors. Chapter advisor will approve GPA for students. Professional applicants include your degree,dates awarded and employer and job title.
- One (1) of the applicants must include a faculty member who either is already a member of Sigma Phi Omega or qualifies to become a member according to the SPO Bylaws, and that faculty member agrees to serve as SPO Chapter Advisor.
- Submit Chapter Bylaws. Chapter Bylaws must include information about membership, formation of new chapters, etc. SAMPLE_CHAPTER_Bylaws for your use.
- Submit promotional materials about your program (for example newspaper articles, brochures, website printouts),
- Submit a one time fee of $100 by going to “shop”
- E-mail the membership coordinator items 3 and 4 (as listed above), along with promotional materials about your program (for example newspaper articles, brochures, website printouts), and current transcripts of the student members to the Sigma Phi Omega President at:
The SPO office will confirm new Chapter applications to your designated SPO Chapter Advisor within 3 weeks
Sample Chapter Induction Script
To induct new SPO Chapter members, please see the sample induction script.