The application process to create a new SPO Chapter includes the following:
- Membership Applications for (at least) three individuals from your institution (complete and upload using the form below).
- One of the applicants must include a faculty member who either is already a member of Sigma Phi Omega or qualifies to become a member according to the SPO Bylaws, and that faculty member agrees to serve as Chapter Advisor.
- Submission of Chapter Bylaws. Chapter Bylaws must include information about membership, formation of new chapters, etc. Please reference the Sample Chapter Bylaws for guidance.
- Submission of promotional materials about your program (for example newspaper articles, brochures, website printouts),
- a one-time fee of $100, paid on-line at: https://www.sigmaphiomega.org/shop/new-chapter/
Please complete the form below to submit the required materials to start a new chapter. The Board will review the materials and vote on your chapter’s activation. Please allow 3 weeks for the SPO office to confirm new Chapter applications with your designated SPO Chapter Advisor.
Sample Chapter Induction Script
To induct new SPO Chapter members, please see the sample induction script.