The application process to create a new SPO Chapter includes the following:
- Membership Applications for (at least) three individuals from your institution (complete and upload using the form below).
- One of the applicants must include a faculty member who either is already a member of Sigma Phi Omega or qualifies to become a member according to the SPO Bylaws, and that faculty member agrees to serve as Chapter Advisor.
- Submission of Chapter Bylaws. Chapter Bylaws must include information about membership, the formation of new chapters, etc. Please reference the Sample Chapter Bylaws for guidance.
- Submission of promotional materials about your program (for example newspaper articles, brochures, website printouts),
- A one-time fee of $100, paid on-line at: https://www.sigmaphiomega.org/shop/new-chapter/
Please complete the form below to submit the required materials to start a new chapter. The Board will review the materials and vote on your chapter’s activation. Please allow 3 weeks for the SPO office to confirm new Chapter applications with your designated SPO Chapter Advisor.
Chapter Induction Script for Formal Inductions of New Members:
To induct new SPO Chapter members, please utilize an appropriate variation of the sample induction script.